Terms of Service
1.ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of homework.com.my, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of Malaysia or another applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). We may provide you with access to some parts of the Service without you registering as a user.
You understand that all Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. We bear no responsibility for the Content posted via the Service and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that may be construed or regarded as offensive, indecent, fraudulent, objectionable, inaccurate, defamatory or erroneous. Under no circumstances will we or our licensors, suppliers, vendors, parent, holding, subsidiary or related companies, affiliates, officers, agents or employees, as the case may be, be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any exposure to offensive, indecent, fraudulent, defamatory or objectionable Content, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. You agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, subversive, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or contrary to public interest, public order or national harmony in all relevant jurisdictions;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, our servant, agent, employee or official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or another person’s use of the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, regulation, rule or code, including, but not limited to, any regulations, rules, notices, instructions or directives of any regulatory body or authority, governmental agency or national or other securities exchange ;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- commit any fraudulent or unlawful act, whether in relation to any third party provider of products and services on the Service or otherwise and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs above.
- to cache, hyperlink to, and frame the whole or any part of any websites comprised of in the Service save with our prior written permission.
6. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
7. CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
With regard to the Contents which you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service, you agree to grant us and we hereby accept a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, transferable and exclusive license(s), to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, broadcast, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in print and/or in any other format or medium now known or later developed.
In this connection, Content includes the following non-exhaustive items: information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, links or other materials.
There are certain items or services that are not allowed on Homework.com.my at all. They may not necessarily be illegal, however, they do not fit our selling criteria, and aren’t in the spirit of Homework. These include:
- Alcohol, Drugs & Tobacco
- Alcohol related
- Tobacco products and other smokeable products related
- Items that resemble smoking products or promote smoking
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia related
- Vape Juice/E-Liquid that contain THC/CBD/Hemp/Ganja related
- Adult & Mature Content
- Pornography and adult material including, but not limited to, pornographic books, magazines, pictures and videos
- Adult toys, sexual wellness and enhancement products
- Adult industry services and jobs, including escort services
- Nudity and sexually-oriented material
- Used undergarments and intimate items related
- Counterfeit & Replica Items
- Counterfeit items related
- Items that infringe copyright laws including, but not limited to, unauthorised sales of eBooks.
- Illegal Items & Services or Encouraging Illegal Activity
- Stolen or illegal goods related
- Items or listings that promote, support or seek to engage users in illegal activity
- Medical & Healthcare Items & services
- Health supplements related
- Whitening or slimming pills related
- Prescription drugs and medical devices related
- Medicine, medicinal instruments and items with objectionable medical claims
- Injectable health or cosmetic substances related
- Offensive Materials
- Items or listings that promote, support or glorify acts of violence
- Items or listings that seek to shame fellow Homework members and/or reveal personal information of fellow Homework members
- Items or Services that promote, support or glorify hatred and seek to discriminate and/or demean on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, disability or sexual orientation
- Moneylender services
- Listings promoting Multi-Level-Marketing programs, Get-Rich-Quick schemes, Pyramid selling schemes, Fast cash schemes and Commission-only schemes
- Digital subscriptions and accounts for streaming services, including, but not limited to cable TV, Netflix, Spotify, Hulu etc
- Listings seeking to look for personal relationships
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals (“Contributions”) to us, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) we are not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) we shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) we may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Contributions automatically become our property without any obligation on our part to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us under any circumstances.
10. NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service including all Content such as photographs, advertisements, information, listings and articles whether posted by others or by yourself.
11. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You acknowledge that we may, in its sole discretion, establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the manner in which the Service is used, the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on our servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. In particular, but without limiting the foregoing, by using the Service, you hereby consent to our adoption of the practices as set forth herein in relation to your use of the Service. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by or made available through the Service. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that we reserve the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time , in our sole discretion, with or without notice, and you agree that your continued use of the Service after such modification will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified general practices and limits.
12. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that we may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your account, any associated email address, and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to:
- requests by law enforcement or other government agencies
- a request by you (self-initiated account deletions)
- discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof)
- unexpected technical or security issues or problems
- extended periods of inactivity
- engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or
- nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Services.
Termination of your account includes:
- removal of access to all offerings within the Service
- deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and
- barring of further use of the Service. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in our sole discretion and that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to the Service.
14. DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS
The Service may also include access to products and services of independent third parties either directly or via links to sites operated by such third party advertisers. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertisers, You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Since we do not possess any control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we will not be held responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
16. OUR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorised by us or our advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part. We grant you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, reproduce, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Service. You agree neither to modify the Software in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by us for use in accessing the Service.
17. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE AND OUR PARENT, HOLDING, SUBSIDIARY AND RELATED COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND VENDORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT (OTHER THAN ANY WARRANTY THE EXCLUSION OF WHICH IS NOT LAWFUL).
- WE AND OUR PARENT, HOLDING, SUBSIDIARY AND RELATED COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND VENDORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCESSIBLE AT ANY TIME OR AT ALL TIMES VIA THE CHANNEL SELECTED OR USED BY YOU,(iv) THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR ADVERTISEMENTS CONTAINED ON, DISTRIBUTED THROUGH, OR LINKED, DOWNLOADED OR ACCESSED FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE (THE “MATERIALS”) OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY RELIANCE UPON OR USE OF ANY OF THE MATERIALS SHALL BE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION AND WITHOUT ANY OBLIGATION, TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS TO, OR CORRECT ANY ERROR OR OMISSIONS IN, ANY PART OF THE SERVICE OR THE MATERIALS. THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED OR MADE AVAILABLE BY US ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY OF THE MATERIALS OR THE PRODUCTS.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR EQUIPMENT OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF USERS MAY EXPERIENCE EPILEPTIC SEIZURES WHEN EXPOSED TO CERTAIN LIGHT PATTERNS OR BACKGROUNDS ON A COMPUTER SCREEN OR WHILE USING THE SERVICE. CERTAIN CONDITIONS MAY INDUCE PREVIOUSLY UNDETECTED EPILEPTIC SYMPTOMS EVEN IN USERS WHO HAVE NO HISTORY OF PRIOR SEIZURES OR EPILEPSY. IF YOU, OR ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY, HAVE AN EPILEPTIC CONDITION, CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN PRIOR TO USING THE SERVICE. IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS WHILE USING THE SERVICE: DIZZINESS, ALTERED VISION, EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHES, LOSS OF AWARENESS, DISORIENTATION, ANY INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENT, OR CONVULSIONS.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
19. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN SECTIONS 18 AND 19 ABOVE REPRESENT A FAIR AND REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF THE RISKS AND BENEFITS OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND US, TAKING ALL RELEVANT FACTORS INTO CONSIDERATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE VALUE OF THE CONSIDERATION PROVIDED BY YOU TO US AND THE AVAILABILITY AND COSTS OF INSURANCE WITH RESPECT TO THE SAID RISKS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL BE ENFORCEABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
20. THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES
22. TRADEMARK INFORMATION
The Homework logo, trademarks and service marks and other logos and product and service names are our trademarks and/or those of our licensors, suppliers, vendors, parent or holding company, as the case may be (the Marks”). Without the prior written permission of our licensor, supplier, vendor, parent or holding company or us, as the case may be, you agree not to display or use in any manner the Marks.
23. GENERAL INFORMATION
24. REFUND POLICY
All payment made for Homework subscription is non-refundable unless of non-compliant by sellers or vendors. All refunds will be credited into homework.com.my users account for repurchase purposes.
25. PAYMENT POLICY
Homework.com.my reserves the right to collect payment on behalf of sellers, vendors, and service providers during any particular sales transactions in homework.com.my. As such , payment to sellers will be within 5 working days upon withdrawal request from their respective account. All payment will be done via local bank transfer or paypal for international sellers and vendors.